- The cost of Mantra goes up exponentially as you move up the grid, so learn only what you need.Unnecessary purchases will leave you hurting when you need a select skill.
- Don’t bother buying ammo. You won’t come across many enemies weak to gunfire, and even then, you’ll find ammo along the way.
- Cells sell the most to the Vendor during a MAX Solar Noise (that graphic icon on the top-left of the screen when running). The only exception to this rule is the Jack Cell (which sells the most during a MIN Solar Noise.)
- The game will usually warn you if there’s a boss behind a door. Be prepared.
- Save often!
- You gain extra turns for exploiting enemy weaknesses and scoring critical hits. You lose turns for having your attacks nullified or missing outright. The same applies to enemies.
- Enemies that are afraid are more easily devoured.
- It helps to have a way to replenish your MP as you progress through dungeons. Have your casters learn the Mantras Devourer (for Devour) and Demon Beast (for Ingest Mana). Eventually, you’ll want them to master the Mantra Outer God (for Chakra Walk).
- Late in the game, a –dyne tier elemental spell stacked with a Boost and an Amp will be your most effective attack.
- Far into the game, you will want to have each character equip the Resist trait that they are weak to (i.e. have Serph equip Fire Resist, etc.). This is very important, especially if you decide to take on the optional bosses.